Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Playing with my new technique...


...everybody who knows me, knows that I am a big technique-freak and have to try everything. Even if it is the stranges things together...!

Anyway, flu-season in Norway and I had to have lemon for my tea. But, my local stor didn't have fresh lemons, so my husband bought Sicilia Lemon Jucie. Didn't like it, and it was just put aside. Until I just had this crazy idea to try it together with distress inks on misters. And, it worked!! Cool results, and here's how I did it...

Products; cardstock, misters with distress inks and Sicilia Lemon Juice


Cover the whole cardstock with inks, and I normally uses 2-4 different colors.

While the background is still wet, drip the lemon juice on the backround, one drop at the time.


You get extra effects by holding the background up, and let it run a litte bit.


Dry the background with a heatgun, and it's ready for use!

Here's another wet background that I made...


And, a couple of dry backgrounds...



Hope you like this, and that you get inspired to try it out. I would appriciate that you link to my blog regarding this technique, and even leave me a comment.

7 comments:

nanne said...

dette var et utrolig fint kort <3

Anke said...

Wonderful card Connie.

Anke

Vigdis said...

Utrolig stilig. MÅ testes dette! Men først må jeg huske å kjøpe...

Anne Bente said...

Herlig kort og ennå flere stilige teknikker! Kjenner det klør litt i fingrene til å lage bakgrunner nå...

Sandy said...

Oh wow a great technique and stunning card Connie. Love the design. Gorgeous.

Femmy said...

great backgrounds Connie!!!

Lena Katrine said...

Hei Connie :)
Dette var utrolig stilig!! Så nydelige bakgrunner du har laget - tusen takk for flott inspirasjon!
Og kjempestilig kort også :)
Ha en flotters ny uke! Go'klem